Set along the waters edgeÂ in the seaside hamlet of Keurboomstrand, this Italian restaurant has got it all: views, great food with an impressive winelist.
Owner Enrico Iacopini has been at the helm for several years now, having relocated from Johannesburg via Rome!Â The fact that he has the bluest eyes imaginable has nothing to do with the success of his business.Â This ristorante has become a personal favourite and even my car knows it has to deviate off the N2.
So whether it is oysters, calamari, veal, antipasti, steak or pizza you are dreaming of, Enrico’s will notÂ disappoint.Â Prices are more than reasonable and here is a list of recommended dishes:Â
- Bomba – a unique foccacia.Â A great way to start the meal and served plain or with garlic
- Pizza – too many creations to list here, but all divine.
- Kudu and Avocado Antipasti – thin slices of smoked Kudu topped with avocado
- Deep fried Calamari – needs no introduction
- Rump Enrico – succulent meat cooked to perfection and dressed with rocket and parmesan.
- Panzeroti Enrico – handmade squares of pasta filled with spinach and ricotta in a sauce of mushrooms, strips of veal, dash of mustard, hint of cream and a touch of tomato.
The winelist includes local wines including Cap Classique and you will even findÂ the biodynamic Reyneke Sauvignon Blanc.Â There are several Italian wines to sampleÂ such as Chianti and Prosecco with examples from various producers.
It is advisable to book over weekends and during high season.Â Contact the restaurant onÂ +27+44 5359818
FaxÂ +27 44 5359816